The Associated Press news agency quoted unnamed US officials as saying that the administration of US President Joe Biden will send Ukraine additional military aid worth 400m dollars.
These funds are allocated under the so-called “presidential drawdown authority” – a scheme that allows Biden to allocate funds without congressional approval.
According to the agency, the new package will include:
– a batch of Hornet surveillance nanodrones;
– missiles for HIMARS multiple launch rocket systems and NASAMS air defense systems;
– Hydra-70 air-to-ground missiles;
– Stinger and Javelin anti-aircraft and anti-tank missiles;
– 32 Stryker armored vehicles;
– howitzer shells;
– 28 million rounds of ammunition for firearms;
As the agency reminds, since the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the United States has already provided Kyiv with more than $41 billion in military aid.