Kyiv is watching what is happening with the Crimean bridge, but will tell in detail about the organization of the explosion on it only after the victory of Ukraine in the war. This was told in a conversation with RBC-Ukraine by the representative of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) Artem Dekhtyarenko.
“So far we are watching with interest how one of the symbols of Putin’s regime once again failed to withstand the military load”, Dekhtyarenko said. He also recalled that in one of the interviews the head of the SBU Vasyl Malyuk stated that it was possible to cut the enemy’s logistical routes. According to him, the norms of international law, analysis of the operational situation and traditions of warfare allow to do this: the Crimean bridge is an important transportation corridor for supplying the Russian army.
Earlier in a tweet SBU commented on the undermining of the bridge with the words “again the bridge went to sleep”, recalling the previous explosion, which occurred on October 8, 2022.
The adviser to the head of the presidential office, Mykhailo Podolyak, also commented on the explosion of the bridge in a tweet, mentioning that supplies to the Russian military are carried out through it.
“Any illegal structures used to deliver Russian instruments of mass murder are short-lived. Regardless of the cause of the destruction”, he wrote.
The second explosion on the Crimean Bridge in a year occurred on the night of July 17. As a result, two people were killed – a married couple from the Belgorod region. Their 14-year-old daughter suffered moderate injuries. According to RIA Novosti, she was hospitalized.
Road and rail traffic through the Kerch Strait was temporarily stopped. The ferry crossing was also closed. As of 9:40 Moscow time, train traffic was restored. Passenger cars are going to be ferried across the Kerch Strait in the near future, writes TASS.