The United States has announced a new package of military assistance to Ukraine worth $325 million. This is reported on the website of the Ministry of Defence. This is the 40th package of US assistance to Ukraine.
The new package includes:
– additional ammunition for NASAMS mobile surface-to-air missile systems;
tinger anti-aircraft systems;
– additional ammunition for HIMARS multiple launch rocket systems;
– 155 mm and 105 mm ammunition;
– 15 Bradley combat vehicles;
– 10 Stryker armored personnel carriers;
– Javelin anti-tank systems;
– TOW anti-tank missiles;
– AT-4 anti-tank systems;
– more than 22 million rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades;
– explosive ordnance for overcoming obstacles;
– tactical secure communications equipment;
– spare parts and other field equipment.
Since the Russian invasion, U.S. aid to Ukraine has totaled about $40 billion, Reuters noted.
“Russia started this unprovoked war against Ukraine. Russia can end it at any time by withdrawing its troops from Ukraine and ending its brutal attacks on Ukrainian cities and people. Until Russia does this, the United States and our allies and partners will be united with Ukraine for as long as it takes,” U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said in a statement.